Take Charge of Your Taxes
Would you like to avoid surprises at tax time? Tax laws change every year — and this year is no different! This downloadable guide will walk you through the latest tax law changes to help you avoid any surprises. In this 12-page guide, you will find out:
- How inflation could affect your tax bill
- Why proactive planning can help give you financial confidence
- How your financial professional can coordinate with a tax professional to help you create a tax-efficient strategy
More Educational Guides from W.A. Smith Financial Group
New Regulations Open 6 Estate Plan "Wormholes"
Here's why you should revisit your plan right away:
- The changes quietly caused by the SECURE Act (effective Jan 1, 2020)
- A "domino effect" caused by changes to taxes, trusts, gifting limits, and more
- How your spouse and heirs could be negatively impacted if your plan hasn't been updated to reflect these new laws.
How to Hire the Right Financial Advisor
In this complimentary guide, learn the most important things to consider when hiring a financial advisor, such as:
- What to have prepared before you interview an advisor
- How advisors get paid for the services they provide
- The different types of advisors and which type fits you best
Do you believe these 5 annuity myths? In this guide, we address common misconceptions about annuities to help you decide if an annuity might be right for you, including:
- Annuities make accessing money impossible
- Annuities are too complicated to understand
- Savings are enough — why an annuity?
Will a Recession Rob Your Retirement?
4 things to address to help ensure you can weather a drop in the market. This downloadable guide walks you through four things to check now to help ensure you and your family are prepared — even if the economy takes a dip. What you’ll learn:
- How to decide how much of your savings should be invested in the market
- A simple calculation to help determine whether you've saved enough to retire
- Alternative methods to create income without relying on a volatile stock market
The Simple 3-Step Medicare Guide
Age 60+? Did you know that healthcare is likely your biggest unknown expense in retirement? This simple 3-step Medicare guide could save you thousands in surprise medical bills or penalties. Easily find out when, why, and how to choose a Medicare plan that’s right for you inside this free guide:
- When do you need to enroll in Medicare?
- Already enrolled? Could you save money with a different plan?
- Do you need a Medigap coverage (or is it a waste of money)?
401k Hidden Strategies
A “Must Read” for High earners the “Groundhog” 401(K). Discover these 3 hidden strategies used by smart investors:
- The clever "Mega Backdoor" strategy
- How specific "rollovers" could help optimize your plan
- The "blended" tax advantages you can access
The 6 "Hidden" Tax Saving Opportunities Opened Up by New Tax Rules
How the TCJA and SECURE Act opened up new opportunities that could result in the lowest tax rates you'll ever see.
- Discover 6 immediate opportunities to lower your taxes
- Which new COVID-19 tax rules apply to you
- Why you need to take advantage of this limited-time opportunity now before it expires
Inflation and Your Retirement
Have you considered inflation’s impact on your retirement? Prices are increasing on everything from groceries to healthcare. Download this guide to learn more about the most common questions on inflation including:
- What causes inflation?
- Is my retirement at risk?
- Why is the rate of inflation rising?
Will Your Money Last as Long as You Do?
Check out this 8-page guide to see why a retirement income analysis is important for your retirement.
- Learn how an experienced financial professional can address your “what-ifs” about retirement — and then help you figure out how to address them.
- Read how the average person spent $146 a year on health care in 1960 compared to the average cost today. (You might be surprised at the number!)
- Make sure you’re asking the right questions about retirement: How do I make my money last? How could a long-term care strategy help my family’s long-term medical needs?